Gabi and I were playing outside today and I told her it was time to go in for lunch. Gabi said "mommy, I'm not hungry. I don't want to eat now". So I explained to her that it was approaching her nap time so if she's not hungry now, then she'll have to wait until after nap. I explained to her that she will not be allowed to eat two minutes before nap time. Gabi always says "mommy, I'm hungry, or mommy, I'm thirsty", when I tell her it is nap time. She does this of course to stay up longer and/or get out of taking a nap.
So, after I explained (again) that she can't eat two minutes before nap, she gives me an earful. Gabi tells me, "mommy, you sure are grumpy today. You sound very grumpy". Hmmm... I wasn't sure how to react to this statement. I laughed a bit and then told her that I was just explaining the rules to her. I didn't get much sleep last night so maybe she's right. Maybe Gabi needs to put me down for a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment