Saturday, May 12, 2012

Change can be good...

It has been way to long since I have posted. Life just gets crazy and I can't seem to keep up these days. I don't want to use that as an excuse anymore so I will make a great effort to post once every two weeks. Let's see if I can do it.

Well, we have faced many changes in the Crowell household. It would take all day to list all the changes we've been through so I'll just stick to a few. We put our house on the market in February and sold it in two days.  Jon and I didn't expect to sell our house so quickly so we had to hustle and find a place to live. Our top priority was to find an area with good public schools. We want Gabi and Savannah to attend public school instead of private.   Gabi has been going to Good Shepherd since Pre-K. We love Good Shepherd and the people are wonderful, but momma (that's me) could have a beach house by now with the amount of tuition of a private school. Well, almost a beach house.

I want Gabi to grow up in a neighborhood where kids ride their bikes to school, play outside all day until dinner, play outside when they get home from school and where all (or most) the kids in the neighborhood go to the same school. Yes, I guess I want utopia. I want for Gabi and Savannah what I had growing up. I know we live in Dallas and not Destin, Florida but I was confident I could find the place. We only had four weeks until we needed to be out of our house. So...I got very busy. I looked at so many schools, neighborhoods and houses. The brand new and beautiful homes in the burbs were extremely tempting, but we decided to stay in the city. I didn't want Jon to have a long commute. I wanted to stay close to friends, our church and city living. With the help of our realtor, we found a wonderful neighborhood with great schools (Brentfield, Parkhill and JJ Pierce). We decided to rent for a year and take our time finding a house to buy in the same area. The house we're renting is very nice, updated (for the most part) and also has a pool for the kids. We have amazing trees, parks, bike paths and....drum roll please....KIDS everywhere! Our neighbors have two girls and Gabi is outside all the time playing with them. I know, I know, we are only renting this house for a year, BUT the entire neighborhood is like our street. We have already met most of the people on our street. AND... a girl and her mom walked up to our house while we're playing outside with the kids and introduced themselves. They live a few houses down from us and the daughter babysits. YES!

The whole moving process was emotional and stressful but we're looking forward to our new adventure.

Now, an update on Gabi (6 years) and Savannah (18 months).
Gabi has a few more weeks left of Kindergarten at Good Shepherd. I can't believe she will be a first grader soon. She loves school and her favorite subject is science right now. Art comes in a close second though. Gabi is still playing soccer and is taking gymnastics. She loves reading and making up jokes that are sometimes funny and sometimes not. I think she takes after Jon with the joke telling.

Savannah is our bull in a China shop. She is not delicate in any way. She seems so different from Gabi right now. Savvy eats anything and everything. She fears nothing. Climbs on everything and is trying to climb out of her crib already. She wants to do everything Gabi does. Savvy can climb up our slide ladder to the pool and slide down it. Of course we assist with the "sliding down into the pool" part. She is really fast too. I always have my running shoes on. She is only saying "momma" and "yum-yum" right now which is very different from Gabi at this age. Savvy understands everything I say to her and follows directions (when she wants to).

We are truly blessed with our girls. They are exhausting but I wouldn't have it any other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment