Friday, January 2, 2009

Gabi's First Bed



We bought Gabi a bunk bed a few weeks ago, and it was delivered today. Lisa remembered one of the Haverty’s guys who set it up from when Gabi’s dresser and night stand were delivered.

Gabi climbed up and down the ladder even though we didn’t have the mattresses yet. Mattress Firm was having a sale today, so we went to the location near the Galleria and bought two twin mattresses. We walked down to Tin Star and had lunch. After lunch, we walked to Starbucks. Gabi had a chocolate milk and Lisa and I both had tall Mistos.

While Gabi was taking a nap, I went to Lowe’s and bought two pieces of plywood to serve as box springs, then went to Mattress Firm and picked up the mattresses. I didn’t measure the bed correctly, and had to take the plywood back to Lowe’s to have two inches cut off of each.

Lisa went to Central Market when I got back home, and Gabi and I played in her new bed until Lisa got back. Gabi wanted me to show her how to take a picture, so we ended up taking about 500 pictures of her princesses and dinosaurs standing on the ladder to her bed. Gabi was getting a little too comfortable climbing the ladder, and she tried to do it one-handed while holding a woobie. She slipped and fell off the second rung up and hurt her foot a little. It gave me the perfect chance to explain the rules for using the ladder (slowly, carefully, and with both hands).

Lisa got some really nice sheets and a comforter for the bed. She got in bed with Gabi and read a few books at bed time, but in the end Gabi wanted to sleep in her crib. We need to figure out how to help the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment