I’ve been flying back and forth from Houston for a project at the Kirby Corporation and have been fighting a cold for the past few weeks. On the flight back to Dallas on Friday, my left ear closed up completely, and I tried to clear it as we landed by plugging my nose and right ear. It worked, kind of. I lost my balance and the plane felt like it was tipping over. I closed my eyes. That didn’t help. I looked out the window at the tarmac, and that helped a little. Finally the feeling went away.
Lisa, Gabi, and I were going to Austin on Saturday for Dee and Don’s wedding, but I sent them an e-mail Friday evening letting them know we weren’t going to make it.
I felt worse on Saturday and finally went to the “Doc-in-a-box” near our house, a PrimaCare. I was diagnosed with an ear infection and got a prescription for Augmentin.
Gabi has been really sweet. She asked: “Daddy, are you OK?”, and I told her I didn’t feel very good. She asked: “Can I get something for you?” and then got her two woobies out of her crib and gave them to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment